Recovering from alcohol dependence is a process that can take some time; time that can be difficult if it is spent far away from the ones you love. Finding local help can be an advantage in that it allows some alcoholics the ability to remain close to those they love and surroundings they are familiar with. Thankfully, local help is available in all the major cities as well as dozens of smaller towns throughout the country.
Finding this local help is something with which Middlegate can help you. Because we specialise in addiction recovery referrals, we have cultivated relationships with detox and rehab clinics in dozens of locations. If there is local help available to you, we can help you find it.
Honesty the First Step
The first step in helping you find a local treatment program is for you to be honest about your situation. If you are suffering from alcohol dependence, it doesn’t do you or your loved ones any good to continue denying the matter. Honesty is always the best policy.
If you are not sure whether you are truly dependent on alcohol or not, here are some common warning signs indicating you might be:
- you have a drink as your first activity of the day
- you find yourself planning family activities around alcohol
- you’re unreasonably concerned about where your next drink is coming from
- you neglect other important things, including personal hygiene and appearance
- you require a greater amount of alcohol to enjoy the same effect.
If you or a loved one exhibits any of these signs, the chances of alcohol dependence are very high. Now is the time to get in touch with Middlegate so we can find you the local help you need. The longer you wait to admit you have a problem, the more difficult it becomes to solve.
Advantages of Local Help
As part of Middlegate’s services, we do offer clients the opportunity to leave their local areas to find help if that’s beneficial to them. However, remaining local does have some benefits of its own, including:
- Familiarity – Some patients do better when remaining local because familiarity helps them deal with the process better. Maintaining familiar surroundings offers the client a sense of comfort and relief. For others, however, familiarity is an enabler that needs to be dealt with.
- Family Involvement – One of the keys to successful addiction treatment is to involve family members as a means of support and accountability. When someone seeks local help for alcohol dependence, that makes it easier for family members to be regularly involved.
- Cost – Local programs tend to be more cost-effective because families do not need to spend extra money on transport to and from a remote location. If the cost of a residential program is prohibitive, alcoholics can seek out local programs from charities or from the NHS. NHS services are free.
Whether you choose local help or decide to go to another town or county, the point is that you get the help you need right away. Addiction to any substance has adverse impacts, on not only the health and well-being of the addict, but also on his or her family and friends as well. Those adverse effects can be truly devastating.
Help is available, so there is no need for you to continue to hang on to your alcohol dependence. Do the right thing and contact us today. We are ready to help get you on the road to recovery.